• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

center bolts

jeep ride

NAXJA Forum User
Got me a used lift kit need to get the bolts that go through the center of the leafs what size do I need? For a 98 xj

jeep ride said:
Got me a used lift kit need to get the bolts that go through the center of the leafs what size do I need? For a 98 xj

Most of them tend to be 5/16" - use a socket head capscrew with a fine thread. The 5/16" should also fit through the 8m/m hole, if it's metric.

you can usually fit 3/8" theyre stronger than 5/16. the only thing i had to do to get them to fit was drill out my axle shims, they fit thru the leafs just fine

3/8 are used on a lot of aftermarket springs, but the stock springs will only fit 5/16. Trying to drill the stock leaves up to 3/8 is a real PIA, If you decide to try, get a handful of good cobalt drill bits and a drill doctor.

cwstnsko said:
3/8 are used on a lot of aftermarket springs, but the stock springs will only fit 5/16. Trying to drill the stock leaves up to 3/8 is a real PIA, If you decide to try, get a handful of good cobalt drill bits and a drill doctor.

Right. And see for more drilling pias my post in Modified Tech Disc from 1 day ago.party1:

Back