• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Powertrax No-Slip Locker

the slip is basically a posi from what i understand. but a better posi, better than a trac loc or something like that. if you want more traction offroad and not the wear and tear on the suspension as a full time locker and cant afford a selectable then go for it.

It is a locker, a lunchbox locker, but still a locker none the less. The no-slip is a great locker for the 8.25 I had one for a couple years.

you could always wait for the Aussie for it......

yeah what's been said is true... it's a smooth lock rite. easy to install i have one and have wheeled it and daily drive it. if your rear springs are soft watch out for axle wrap.... but other than that i love it. performance offroad center has it the cheapest, that i found... i got it for 383.xx to my door.

asp387 said:
yeah what's been said is true... it's a smooth lock rite. easy to install i have one and have wheeled it and daily drive it. if your rear springs are soft watch out for axle wrap.... but other than that i love it. performance offroad center has it the cheapest, that i found... i got it for 383.xx to my door.

I had one on order from them (PORC), and they have been back ordered for a long time.... If they don't have one in stock and you are in a hurry, I found that Rusty's was the only store with them in stock and available to ship. Everyone else I called was out of stock or drop shipped them from the factory who is back ordered.

The last word we got from PORC was that they (Powertrax) are saying the lockers won't be available till the 30th now. But Powertrax was saying the middle of may before then moved the date back.

PORC's price is better than Rusty's for sure.

i got one... broke one of the active spacers, but thats a 25$ fix... i love mine. and its easy enough to do that i take it out for the winter and put it back for summer wheeling.

i've never heard of an active spacer breaking, but i have seen beaten lockers that had chipped teeth.

stinks about PORC being way behind. i got mine in like late march... i had no problems then, it just took a few days to ship out.

At least it's not PORC's fault.... Richmond is backordering them.

My wife tried to buy it for me for my birthday, but then we fianlly gave up on the back ordering this week. She ordered it mid April.

It sucked that we had to go out to Moab without the locker. (And that I couldn't make it up the ledge climbing up the shelf on Cane Creek Canyon. I hate taking bypasses!)

But, the one I ordered from Rusty will be here tomorrow! Just in time for the weekend.

I just installed one last week and ran it on a trail ride this weekend. I am very happy with it. The install was REALLY easy. Just use heavy grease to hold the springs in.

On the road it's quiet, even around turns, unless you get on it.

Offroad, it was outstanding. Since it's an auto locker, you don't think about it. Definitely best bang for the buck.

gorilla_skater said:
The install was REALLY easy. Just use heavy grease to hold the springs in.

That's the best advice... The first one I put in I didn't do this and it was a PITA to keep the parts together while you put the pin back in.

This time (on a different Cherokee) I used bearing grease on the springs and on the plates to hold them together. It actually takes longer to drain the diff and clean up all of the rtv on the cover and housing than it took to put the locker in.

I'm on my second one in 2 cherokees and I highly recommend it.

There is no Aussie for the 8.25, but I would say a lock-right (available for the 27 spline 8.25) and an Aussie are very similar, and the no-slip (available for the 29 spline 8.25) adds the synchronizer ring to keep it from clicking like a lock-right.

Other than the synchronizer ring, all 3 are relatively the same thing, but I only have direct experience with the Powertrax No-Slip.

Newbie here......but heres my.02. Just bought a 98 XJ with a no-slip in the 8.25. You hardly know its there. The only time I can tell there is a locker out back is when I backing up and turning pretty sharp. Then there is some clicking going on........nothing major though. Haven't got it off road yet, but based on the research I've done they work well. Will try to get some pics posted of the rig in readers rides soon.

I just found a 8.25 at a JY. Whats a good price for these. I dont wanna get ripped off. Then im planning on doing this also.

Back