• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

soft 8 @ stock height

cutlass30587

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 99 xj that is at stock height and currently running 225/75/15's on stock wheels. i want switch to a crager soft 8 wheel and keep the 225's that are on it now and dont plan on lifting it any time soon sooo... the question is im guessing i should go with the 15x7width 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern... that should fit right?? but as far as back spacing goes i know stock is like 5.5inch or so and the most backspaceing i see avaliable for the soft 8 is 4.25.. is this going to stick out too much and look funny or rub anything?? also nobody ever seems to mention center bore size and offset do those not matter? any pic of similar setups would be good

I think that amount of backspacing will look better.

Center bore size would only matter if you have some type of locking hubs (like WARN or something). Your offset is a product of the wheel width and the amount of backspacing - so if you pick a 7" wide rim, and 4.25" backspacing, your offset will be a set figure (should be +6). If you switch to an 8" wheel with the same backspacing, you would have -6 offset.

nice, looks like thats what i'll probably go with then ................ any one have any pictures they could post up???

Back