• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got my T-Case back w/SYE

macs97XJ

NAXJA Member #1247
Finally after not driving my jeep for over a week, I got my T-Case Back with the SYE installed with new gaskets and new RE Rear Shaft. WOOOHOOO.

:party:
Now if it would stop raining a little bit I will crawl under it and do the install...

mac

Come on its only a little rain

Just in case you were not aware. The T-case goes UNDER the middle of the Jeep so you can stay pretty dry while working under there ;)

Michael

Re: Got my T-Case back w/SYE )FRICKENFRACK!!!!!!!!

:banghead: Well, it is in, the front shaft is in, skid plates on, everything was going back in pretty good, and it happened.................. I am always waiting for either a bolt to break off, a nut to comes loose from a weld, something.....

But I did not expect the New Rear shafts U-Joint to be to small.........:cry:

I was not expecting the wrong u-joint size. It is probably my fault, I should have brought my old shaft with me when I picked up the items. The orig shaft is 4" wide, the new shaft is 3 1/2" wide.

I will just drop the shaft back off on Tuesday morning once the shop returns and wait yet probably another week.:mad:

Mac

Re: T-Case back w/SYE update on rear u-joint

The XJ is up and running again.

With the Drive Shaft I received from RE on the SYE install the U-Joint was not as wide as the stock U-Joint on the Rear Diff.

Better Off Road HOOKED me up again. He installed the rear U-Joint that has the two different sizes, one narrow for the Shaft, and the Wider one for install onto the Rear output yoke.

Maybe this is old, but it is new to me, but that is so dang cool.

Mac

Back