• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

spra foam for noise?

nonnie

NAXJA Forum User
The noise inside my Chero is getting on my nerves. :wow: . After a really good dunking...
dsc00769wi7.jpg

By nonniemac, shot with DSLR-A200 at 2008-05-18 :eek

I took out all of the carpet. I'm going to coat the interior w/a Rhino type liner and under coat the bottom. Would spraying the fill-in-the-voids-in-your-house-type-sprayin-foam help? 1/4 panels area (I don't run a rear seat in my 2dr). I know not too teckie but this may keep my sanity :doh:

Are you going to keep the carpet out? There are a few products that reduce interior noise that can be sprayed in, rubberized undercoating is one of them but there are also a few others.

I think 5-90 has suggested a few products in the past that reduce interior noise that can be sprayed/rolled in, hopefully he will chime in later.

-Alex

I don't think that would stay put. Try peel-n-seal, that's what I plan to put under the rubber mat I used to replace the carpet.

Household expanding foam absorbs water and accelerates unibody rusting.

uhhhh, are you sure you floors are intact, there is ALOT of different streams coming out of there....

As for sound proofing, I have had good luck with dynamat....

poorboy_616 said:
uhhhh, are you sure you floors are intact, there is ALOT of different streams coming out of there....

As for sound proofing, I have had good luck with dynamat....

Probably coming out of the frame rails, mine do that for a while after I dunk it pretty good. But maybe he has shot his floor with a shotgun to help it drain.:cool:

-Alex

Ba-Riedo said:
Which one of those would you recommend? Just the thickest stuff they have?

-Alex
A couple years ago I took out my carpet for basicly the same reason, water in the carpet. But mine was caused by a leaky door, and apparently it started to smell bad. I ripped out all the carpet and put in a gallon of Herculiner.

Well, my AW4 liked to get hot, living in California with pretty hot summers, and having the muffler and cat now exposed, the interior became an oven. I eventually put in a vynal "carpet" kit and a couple square feet of the V1SE I had left over from another project. Those combined helped a lot.

If I were to do it again, I would keep the carpet and make it easier to take in and out. Maybe take off the insulation, as that seemed to hold the water. The carpet shouldnt be to bad, and you can probably take it out and spray it off, and let it dry in the sun. Add a layer of Herc or similar onto the metal to prevent rust, and call it good.

Well now I have cut the carpet so I dont have to pull the seats or trim to remove the carpet, I also have alot of carpet padding underneath my carpet to keep the noise down, I will probably herculine the bottem this summer or put down some of the thickest soundproofing I can find.

-Alex

Mud is a bad idea, there is usually no bottom in sight, I just did the same flood damage monday, now it smells like moldy fish, I got the seats pretty good, and ive pulled the carpet long ago to fix rust holes... Any good suggestions to keep the heat down in the form of spray/roll in applications?

Back