• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clicking while turning

JoesXJ

NAXJA Forum User
This is for my TJ, but any advise would apply also to a XJ with a Dana 30 (specs below)

When I turn sharp I hear a clicking sound opposite from the side I'm turning to (turn right, it comes from left wheel - turn left, it comes from right wheel).

I have the warn hub conversion and they are unlocked and I verified that the shafts are not turing so its not a u-joint.

What the heck can this be, where should I look? I'm stumped. Everything seems solid up front.

Any advise (or guesses) are welcomed.

Thanks!!
- Joe :guitar:

1998 TJ, RE 7" Long Arm tri-link, 35" TrXus MT's on OMF beadlocks, Dana 30 w/ 30 spline shafts, Warn hubs, ARB locked w/4:88's, Currie Hi-9 in rear w/ARB, 4:88's and disc brakes, ORO U-Turn and Sway-Lock, Genright skids and Hanson bumpers/armor all around...blah, blah, blah....

I used to have a click in the front, just stock axle, but it turned out to be the track bar bolt at the axle side, it was just loose enough to allow it to move side to side when turning the wheels, worth a shot

i had some clicking/popping noise when turning left and right at rest and a clunk in the steering wheel when wiggling the steering wheel left to right. Ended up being the track bar mount to the unibody being loose.

Back