• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Campground Rules...

Andy in Pa.

NAXJA Member #180
I want to get this out so everyone knows that is staying at, or visiting the campground for our event. I absolutely HATE being the one to post this, but Todd and I stopped there yesterday (on the way home from RC), and we got an earfull from the owners. The owners have had many problems in the past (with other 4x4 groups, not ours). and asked me to inform everyone of these rules before arriving.

Anyone staying at the CG will (of course after you check in/pay at the office) be given a wrist band of a certain color, labeling you as a guest. Visitors are required to check in at the office (and charged a "visitor" fee per person/child) and given a "visitor" wristband. This entitles visitors to use the porta-potties and bathrooms and have free reign to explore the CG, but this does NOT include taking a shower or going swimming in the pool.

Please use trash cans (there will be plenty around our area) for any bottles/cans/beer caps and any other trash. There will be a recycle container near our group tent site, please use them for the bottles/cans. Please do not put any glass/aluminum/beer caps in the fires, contrary to popular belief, these items do not burn and leave messes behind in the fire rings. Please don't move the fire rings, and any tables that are moved MUST be moved back before you leave.

Basically, leave the area the way it was when you arrived....

If you have any questions regarding any other issues at Echo Valley Campground, you can call them directly (570)695-3659 and ask for Judy or Pete. Their website is www.echovalleycamp.com

A.

Sounds pretty much like simple, basic common sense.

Works for me.

(edit) Hey, Ben - looke like you and Keith (MDXJ) made the Echo Valley web site - take a look at the "campground photos"

It’s a shame. It’s my understanding that they’re trying to cater more towards the wheelin crowed and then like everywhere else something happens to turn them off towards us, and folks who didn't have anything to do with it had to catch an earful.

The biggest problem that Pete and Judy had previously with another 4x4 club, was that they left the place trashed when they left. There were bottles and beer caps all over the camp site they were in. I know that we are usually pretty good about cleaning the place up when we all leave, and lets just make sure that we do that again this year, and we can still be on the "good list" so the campground will welcome our group back again next year with great service.

-Todd

Back