• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dimmer switch acutator arm

2lazy2p

NAXJA Forum User
I'm at a standstill, my dimmer switch works but I'm missing (from inside the steering column housing the actuator arm that connects the multi-switch to the long metal rod that runs down the steering column that activates the switch when I pull on the lever on the column. I took apart the column, no problem except I am missing the "dimmer switch actuator arm", it sits inside the smaller section of the cover that comes off near the tilt lever. I've searched several parts places and only found a GMC part that looks like what I need, ?will this work? where might I find one? I am still searching. Thanks for the help.

I used one from a 1986 Chevy PU with cruise. It was the same part and it was a exact fit. Mine was broke too when I got it. I only had to remove the Chevy steering wheel to get the wire out. I havent fished the wire down the JC yet as I need to find out about the cruise not working.
Here's a link to one that is the same and you can get them at your local parts store also ( or I could anyways).
http://www.1aauto.com/1A/-/-/-/1AZCC00001/

what came up with the link is the handle for the multi switch, ? is that what you replaced? I need the part inside the column cover beneath the tilt handle.

2lazy2p said:
what came up with the link is the handle for the multi switch, ? is that what you replaced? I need the part inside the column cover beneath the tilt handle.
Yes, that's what I replaced. One thing to remember is some of the steering columns are GM columns so the replacements parts should be the same. The colunm I removed mine from looked identical to the JC.

Back