• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

speedometer problem

mitsumotors

NAXJA Forum User
I just put a 4.5inch lift, 33inch tires and 4.56 gears in and now iam wondering how much my speedometer will be out. i wasn't sure if regearing will affect this at all? thanks:wave:

mitsumotors said:
I just put a 4.5inch lift, 33inch tires and 4.56 gears in and now iam wondering how much my speedometer will be out. i wasn't sure if regearing will affect this at all? thanks:wave:

assuming you had 3.55 before

33's and 4.56 should be pretty close to perfect.

i did the same thing to mine, 98 xj, 4.5 RE lift, 33 bfg m/t's, but stock gears, all i had to do to fix that was get a new speedo gear, it plugs right into the back of the transfer case, go to quadratec and get one with about a 31 tooth count and u should be fine.

cumorglas said:
assuming you had 3.55 before

33's and 4.56 should be pretty close to perfect.
okay, so your saying that with that tire and gear combo my speedo should be back to where it is supposed to be? (i did have 3.55's before)

mitsumotors said:
okay, so your saying that with that tire and gear combo my speedo should be back to where it is supposed to be? (i did have 3.55's before)

if it was correct when you had 28's and 3.55, it'll be right now. if you changed the speedo gear at some point in between, then prolly not.

Back