• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARG!!!! (Wheel studs)

hot_rod_hooligans

NAXJA Forum User
OK so, my front hub/wheel bearings are from NAPA, snapped a wheel stud Wednesday, and went looking for a replacement, Autozone, Advance, and O'reily's didn't have them. So I went to NAPA figured they'd have them, especially since the hub's I bought from them had new studs in them. Said they did, they gave me the wrong part(prob for a Grand Cherokee), called them back today, and then they tell me they don't have a listing for the wheel stud I need.

So the question is, where the hell do I have to go to get a wheel stud?!?!

I get mine at O'Reilys, don't know why the store there would not carry them. I broke 3 off each rear wheel when I took them off the last time. I think the shop over tightened them.

97XJ Jeeper said:
I get mine at O'Reilys, don't know why the store there would not carry them. I broke 3 off each rear wheel when I took them off the last time. I think the shop over tightened them.

They only have listings for the rear studs, not the front, are they the same?

hot_rod_hooligans said:
They only have listings for the rear studs, not the front, are they the same?
No, I always keep extra studs in every vehicle I have, so when I bought for the XJ the front and rear had different part numbers, I keep them in separate baggies labeled front and rear. I got my fronts there too.

OEM # 6036194AA ...I know Morris 4X4 has them. Don't know why local parts store or dlr. wouldn't. Also try the Dorman "Help" section at ayour local parts store for part #97078.1 , that should be for front 2001 XJ

dizzymac said:
OEM # 6036194AA ...I know Morris 4X4 has them. Don't know why local parts store or dlr. wouldn't. Also try the Dorman "Help" section at ayour local parts store for part #97078.1 , that should be for front 2001 XJ
That should help out a lot, thanks!

It is best to remove a food one and take it in. DON'T trust the computer!!

I used to work for NAPA and Schuck's, both systems had theire short comings.

I ALWAYS pulled out the book for my customers......

Blaine B. said:
Too bad you didn't need one yesterday, I coulda brought one. I have a bunch, from the many hubs I've went through..heh.

Oh shat, hey! Yeah, I did need one yesterday, but didn't realize it I needed one till about 9:30 Friday night, after I put in the wrong stud in and went to tighten the lug and all it would do is spin, I left it in figuring something was better than nothing.

BTW, what's up with that Toyota you were running with? You know him?

Last edited:
Back