• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turn signals going haywire...

CoastieJ

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, my turn signals will work one minute and then go dead. Right before they die a strange buzzing sound is underneath my steering column. Then, when it buzzes again, I know the signals will work again...but only for a little while. Do I need to replace the whole turn signal hardware ($60 at the local auto parts store)? Thanks...

What year xj? Mine is a 2000 and I had the same issue. Turns out it was the turn-signal module which is under the dash to the left of the steering column. Not a big deal to replace.

I've got a '99 and it does the same thing. If I hear the buzzing I shut off the turn signal give it a second and turn it back on and it usually works.

It might just be the relay, they're pretty cheap, which on my 98 is under the tach gauge about 3 inches in.
Had to replace mine for a different type of problem--just one click and no blink after that
To find: Just listen for the clicks

Back