• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sanden U4784 compressor parts source

kshbaja

NAXJA Forum User
2000 cherokee sport 6 cyl
i am fairly certain i need to replace the bearing in my ac clutch. if i could get the entire clutch unit at a parts shop i would replace the whole thing, but apparently its a dealer only option. does anyone know a source to get these parts (clutch bearing or entire clutch assembly) i saw several posts which mentioned this, but never actually saw a source. also, any advice on the procedure would be appreciated!
thanks.

my compressor bearing just went out and i just got done putting in a remaned compressor. quite pricey though. 300 and some change after core turn in. if you do replace your compressor, just dont break one of the 4 bolts holding it down, a major pia to remove!

haven't seen a lot of cheap ones on ebay. from what i've researched, the bearing is a $25 part. the used compressors are about $150. don't want to get into opening up the system which will add even more expense of evacuating and recharging the system, and maybe damaging other ac components.

Back