• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Beefy Control Arms

kristuphir

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone make aftermarket short arms that are short enough to work with a stock or BB-lifted XJ? Perhaps I was misinformed, but I was just told that virtually all of the available ones were for bigger lifts.

I've got the stock arms out of my Jeep and I just can't believe what pieces of crap they are. Since I'm not lifting big and getting huge tires but will be putting some heavy offroad usage on the thing, I'd really like something that I can't flex by hand!

Anyone know of anything?

I ran a set of Rancho's on my stock 93 many years ago.If you get a full set of adj's I think youll be just fine(RE btw).

The stock arms are a good design. "Beefy" arms put all the stress at the bushing and mounts causing potential mount failure... unless they have some means of rotation like some adjustables including the JKS I run.

Simply, they are supposed to twist. Why do you think they didn't box them from the factory?

jeep on

law.74 said:
The stock arms are a good design. "Beefy" arms put all the stress at the bushing and mounts causing potential mount failure... unless they have some means of rotation like some adjustables including the JKS I run.

Simply, they are supposed to twist. Why do you think they didn't box them from the factory?

jeep on

Thats correct, the arms are supposed to twist. If you go to "beefier" arms make sure they are johnny jointed on at least one end and preferably both to keep the stress off of the mounts. I run the JKS as well(arms and track bar), great stuff and completly rebuildable

Hmm, those sound great but cost "new tires" money. Might have to reconsider the stockers, then...

I agree with the others. The stock arms are designed to flex. If you get aftermarket arms, you dont NEED flex joints but at least (minimum) get arms with rubber bushings and not poly. Poly wont give at all. Rubber is soft enough to allow flex without stressing the mounts.

All right, stock it is. Thanks all for the experience and wisdom, much appreciated as usual!

Any thoughts on these.............
Rustys
RC-CA421-UV
RC-CA421_01.jpg

Code: RC-CA411-UV
RC-CA411_01.jpg

drifto77 said:
Any thoughts on these.............
Rustys
RC-CA421-UV
RC-CA421_01.jpg

Code: RC-CA411-UV
RC-CA411_01.jpg

I have never run any of Rusty's stuff or RC but they look like they would allow plenty of flex with the johnny joints and they look rebuildable.

xjtrailrider said:
I have never run any of Rusty's stuff or RC but they look like they would allow plenty of flex with the johnny joints and they look rebuildable.

Those look new. Looks like Rusty is updating and upgrading his shi-.

Back