• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best price online for RE 5.5" LA

99XJLove

NAXJA Forum User
Just like the title says. I just ordered mine today from a friend at a local tire shop and it will be here by monday. They matched the price I found on the internet.

I saw a RE 5.5 on 4x4groupbuy that came with a free sye and tom woods shaft for 1500, but I don't remember if it was a short or long arm. For that price, I guess it was a short arm kit.

chrisja77 said:
I saw a RE 5.5 on 4x4groupbuy that came with a free sye and tom woods shaft for 1500, but I don't remember if it was a short or long arm. For that price, I guess it was a short arm kit.

yeah that deffinately sounds like a short arm. I ended up getting mine for $2,000 and it will be here fast. $1,500 was the original quote they gave me but it was for the short arm kit. 2k still is still better than most places i've seen.

I'd recomend looking at jeepinoutfitters. They give free shipping, plus I think you get a 5% discount for being a member.... I think

Georgia Mike said:
I bought mine last year from an eBay dealer. It came with free shipping, free shocks and 2 free t-shirts for $1854, but that was before the price increase.

Yeah that price increase put a dent in things. I was almost halfway there with the money and then WHAMO $200 more for all of the lifts out there. That's okay though now that I got mine ordered.:clap:

I was looking into the 7.5" LA kit, and noticed that it comes with 5.5" leafs and a longer shackle, that got me looking at the 5.5" kit components. Will 5.5" clear 33's easily or do I reall need to go to 7.5"?

arctycfox said:
I was looking into the 7.5" LA kit, and noticed that it comes with 5.5" leafs and a longer shackle, that got me looking at the 5.5" kit components. Will 5.5" clear 33's easily or do I reall need to go to 7.5"?

with 5.5" of lift, you could run 35" tires.

the reason the 5.5 kit comes with 4.5" springs and a shackle is because a lift spring needs a longer shackle than stock so it can flex better(increase its range of motion). stock shackles are too short for lift springs with more arch.

anyone have pics of a 5.5" with 35's? I'd like to stay low but want room to really move 35's. I don't wan to have to cut into the pich weld to make em fit.

I run the RE LA 7.5 w/ 37's.

DSC04675.jpg

but his needs to be a daily driver that sees 50+ highway miles a day. So, I'm not sure 37's would work:D I just don't want to be too tippy around town and such. Like to keep it low. I'll prob go with 33's for a while anyway.....maybe not:D I was going to order tonight, but want to make sure I get the one I really want and not wish I'd gone bigger for fitment, or lower for more stability.

arctycfox said:
do I need a new FRONT driveshaft as well if i go 7.5"

Stop thinking about going that high is the best decision that you can make. There is a guy here in town that supposedly crawls his rig according to my friend that works with him. It is a newer body XJ with a supposed 10" or so of lift on it and he is Rocking some bad ass Rockstar 18" wheels with 35's:doh: Now supposedly he has another set of rims and tires that he puts on for the trails but........:gag: It looks cool, for what it is but that is just too much lift. I just recieved my 5.5" RE LA system yesterday, and I'm planning on running 35's after a 8.8 ls disk swap that I have sitting outside my dad's garage! Anymore than 6.5" lift and your pushing the COG line IMO. Remember you can always trim and bumpstop!

If you look at the poll on this thread it will show you the top lifts that are being run. http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=951026.
It shows TNT, Rock Krawler, and Rubicon Express, which all offer now higher than a 6.5" LA kit. So think about it.

Last edited:
Back