• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swaybar bolt size?

XJ98Jeep

NAXJA Forum User
I'm too cheap for quick disconnects right now, gotta wait 'til next month. Until then, I managed to lose the bolt that holds the swaybar onto the links, so what size is it?

dave92cherokee said:
3" long (2 3/4" threads) 1/2" wide

That sounds like the bolt that connects the links to the axle mounts. The hardware that connects the swaybar to the links is a nut with a couple of washers and bushings.

If it is the axle end of the trackbar then it is a metric 10 x 75 x 1.5 thread pitch and it is a metric grade 10.2 I think which is equivalent to an SAE grade 8 bolt.

90Blue_XJ said:
If it is the axle end of the trackbar then it is a metric 10 x 75 x 1.5 thread pitch and it is a metric grade 10.2 I think which is equivalent to an SAE grade 8 bolt.
A trackbar and a swaybar are two diffrent things, just ask your mechanic. :roflmao:

Sorry I don't know the size.

just go to your local nut and bolt store, take the nut off the swaybar link and take it into them. they can tell you exactly what size it needs to be.

Back