• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Now who has one of these just haning around the shop

jdogg4

NAXJA Forum User
I DO!

So this is the shops new toy. The company was a bit behind on the torch heads so they sent us all we needed to prep for it’s arrival. We had the dust collection system setup ready to go all the pre-wiring ready to go. They got us the table and took a day to place and shim and level it all out then we inserted the cut fins for it. Then I think with in the second or third day we were already cutting with it. They flew a guy out to test and calibrate it, but it was really pretty much setup ready to go. He was here all week training our guys and they have life time support if we own the system. The test cycle was at 25% speed and was still ripping through 3/16 and ¼ like a hot knife in butter. This is a HD plasma and the edge it leaves on metal is insanely smooth. I have a laser cut spider on my desk out of 10 ga sheet and the HD plasma is way smoother final product. We have stuff backed up to be cut on it. We hired a full time guy to run maintain and stock inventory for it and one guy to do all the cad work. Once they play catch up O man its game on for jeep parts for sure.

http://www.plasma-automation.com/modMonarch.html

Back