• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ CAD (Computer Aided Drafting) files available?

ehappy

NAXJA Forum User
Howdy all! I want to start working on fab'ing some components for my XJ, and since I'm a Design Engineer (CAD Jockey, aka "Jobbie Scumbag" to those 'in the know') I was wondering if there were any types of CAD files available that I could import into my CAD software (Catia V5) to base my design ideas off of?

Thanks,

Eric
------------
No sig, yet. :geek:

I have a basic body design in a Z3d file. (Zmodeler 1.07) if you are interested.

I have both pre and post 97 models....in fact, here is what I did to the post 97 model...

27256_2KMJ2.0.jpg

27256_2KMJ2.012.jpg

27256_LitUpMJ.jpg

2kmj2dotOh.jpg

Let me know if you want me to send the XJ models over.

You have anything pre 97 model compatible with autocad? (.dxf?)

I have one, but I am not sure if I could get it into that file type for you. I will look into it further when I get home from work (5:30 pm Central time)

PM Me your email and i can send you a dxf of a pre 97 model

What I'm primarily after is the underbody (for accurate hole locations) and exterior sheet metal, bumpers, wheel/tire locations. What I would hope would be available, maybe even from Chrysler (checking with sources there right now) is their actual CAD data, or some watered-down version thereof, to work with.

CJ-Abuzer - is your data dimensionally accurate? I could try to read a file in. I'll PM you my e-mail.

Thanks!

Eric
------------

I would have to say no. All that is contained in the file is the basic body....no frameholes, etc.

Let me know if you still want it.

Thanks for the file!

Back