• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is the difference

Jeepguy91

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Can someone tell me why a locker out of a non c-clip dana 35 won't work in a dana 35 with a c-clip. I can get a good deal on one for a non c-clip but was told somewhere that it wouldn't work.

Thanks,
Ben

I think the carriers are different....

There is no place to insert a c-clip onto your shafts after you install the locker if you use a non c-clip locker.

Who says they won't? Have a look at the Powertrax application guide at http://www.powertrax.com/powertrax/jeep1lr.pdf. Note that the 84-93 D35s all take the same lock-rite.

I believe the 2310S2 will also fit the later years, but I recommend calling them before trusting my memory and plunking your money down. I believe the change in 94 was that the holes in the sides of the carrier got a bit larger and they made the side gears a tad larger in the 2311. It was something using the ABS carrier regardless of whether it had ABS? I had no problem installing a 2310S2 in my 95YJ. I sold the locker right before I sold the YJ, then went and bought an 89 MJ only to realize the locker would have worked just fine in that as well. Doh!

Back