• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hood won't close

no_gamecocks

NAXJA Forum User
Is there something more obvious than adjusting the little screw-in stops that I'm missing? Having trouble getting my hood closed ('94); sometimes can get one side, but never both.

Did you recently add oil there Tommy Boy?
Sorry, I couldnt help it.

Is the catch in the front center of the hood oriented the right way?

One possibility is that your push-pull cable that releases the hood may have some corrosion and could be sticking. Try spraying some PB Blaster or WD-40 (or your prefered demon buster) on the latches and on the cable under the hood. It's done the trick for me multiple times.

I have the same problem. Don't push the hood release in (the one inside the passenger compartment).. I already broke two of hood releases before I figured out the problem.

The problem is the spring that pulls the release handle is not strong enough. Before I close the hood, I pull the release with my hand. The release is under in the middle of the hood. Simply squeeze you hand in and grab the latch and pull out. Oiling it has not helped out..

My cable was corroded up and was holding the latches open. Replaced the cable and presto no more hood closing problems.

Thanks guys. I'm leaning towards the cable explanation. I think when I first bought it almost 2 years ago I recall the hood release being difficult. I must've lubed it or something.

Back