• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle Swap..?

Mattitude

NAXJA Forum User
OK I have done thread search and i didnt find anything..so here goes. I have a 95 with a 8.25 rear. its all stock but i plan to do a 3" RC lift and 31s. I have a 71 jeepster i was wanting to rob the axles from. d27 closed knuckle. D44 rear. Other than the pain in the butt of switching the front to disk brakes, and mounts for the control arms, what is a better axle strenth wise? d27 or dana 30? if your wondering why the hell id wanna do this, the front has manual hubs, and the rear has a mini spool. plus they are 5 on 5 1/2. just in case this is a styupid idea... any one want to buy a 71 jeepster? :p Oh and I also have a 8.8 from an f-150, that is too wide, but ive been thinking of running it and doing some fab work to run a hp d44 from a 70s ford and using the radius arms and just going really big. either one of these options is going to require alot of fab work that i think that me and my friends can handle.. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Complete waste of time, actually a downgrade. Even the rear 44 isnt much to write home about, especially if it has the two piece axles.

Crap I screwed up lol. My other plan is the 8.8 f-150 rear and a hp front from a 70s f series and utilizing the radius arms. So how would a hp44 front be a downgrade compared to the 30?

Gotcha.. I dunno im kinda on a budget. So I am looking at all possible options. I spose best case scenario is the jeepster finally sells and i can buy goodies with the cash :D

Back