• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long Beach Run May 31st 2008

poorboy_616

NAXJA Forum User
I am also a member of PNW Jeep and have posted there too...

First off, this event is being put on by myself (Pete, AKA poorboy_616) alone and is not a :NAXJA: sanctioned event, ALL are welcome to come, even non-members.

Feel free to bring your kids, I will have mine with me as well. I am sure my daughter (4 years old) would love to make some new friends, I know my son will look forward to having someone his own age to play with. Of course at 20 Months, I don't think he thinks that far ahead.....

The other things to remember, since this is a state highway (albeit, a slow speed one), all vehicles must be street legal.

Also, :NAXJA: Members, please remember to follow our established behavior guidlelines. Posted here: http://www.naxja.org/html/bylaws.htm

I will be having a BBQ on the beach, so I will feed you Burgers and hotdogs. This is potluck style, so if you wish, you may bring food and drink as well.

Who knows, I may even have a :flame: going too!!! (yes, it's legal to burn firewood on the beach)

If you need to stay overnight, there are Hotels here that aren't completely full as of yet, so you can still get a room. NO, you may not stay at my place, I don't think my POS rented single wide could hold any more people than the four of us already living there.....(currently looking for another place...)

If you have a horse or other equestrian transportation, bring'em. otherwise you can go on horse back rides from the local tourist traps.....

Meet me on the Beach, about a half mile north of the Bolstad st. (labeled as Avenue here in town) Beach Approach.

I will be in my white 2dr. Wa Lic. # 273-THW

The laws for beach driving: (obtained from http://www.Funbeach.com/beach_driving.html) In other words, please use common sense. If it doesn't seem legal, it probably isn't, especially in this small community.....

The Peninsula shoreline is a Washington State Highway. All drivers and vehicles must be licensed and insured just as on any other State Highway (Sorry, no ATVs). The speed limit is 25 mph, with extra caution to be taken for other vehicles, pedestrians, sunbathers, and beach debris. The beach is patrolled frequently and all laws are strictly enforced. Reckless or careless driving is not tolerated and can result in expensive tickets and even license suspension, so please, play it safe! Parking is allowed.
The beach is always open and free to pedestrians, equestrians and bicyclists. Sections of the beach are open to automobiles year round while others are closed April 15 through the day after Labor Day (some closed sections are open during recreational razor clam season). The beach closures protect the delicate nesting grounds of migratory birds as well as give families a place to play on the beach without concern for vehicle traffic.

Please use the map on this page to learn where vehicles are allowed during your visit, and note the signage on the beach as well. Enter and leave the beach only at designated, open beach approach roads, never between or on the dunes. Not only are the fines stiff for driving where your vehicle is prohibited, but also, if your vehicle gets stuck, tow companies may refuse to pull you out, a very sad way to end your vacation!

Beach Map of where you can drive:
bchdrive_map_md.gif

Long Beach Peninsula Tourist map:
PeninsulaMap07.gif

Here the driving directions to Long Beach if no-one has been here before: (these will lead you directly to the light where you turn left to get on the beach....)
If you want instructions for door to beach use this as your ending point: 101 Bolstad st. Long Beach Wa 98631. That will lead you straight to the light where you turn left to go to the beach. It's actually my pharmacy's address.....

Starting from Portland Oregon:

Merge onto I-5 N via the ramp on the LEFT toward SEATTLE.
Merge onto WA-432 W/ TENNANT WAY via EXIT 36 toward WA-4/ LONGVIEW/ LONG BEACH.
Turn LEFT onto WA-433/ OREGON WAY (Crossing into OREGON).
WA-433/ OREGON WAY becomes LEWIS AND CLARK BRIDGE.
Merge onto US-30 W/ LOWER COLUMBIA RIVER HWY.
Turn RIGHT onto ASTORIA BRIDGE/ OREGON COAST HWY/ US-101. Continue to follow US-101 (Crossing into WASHINGTON).
Turn LEFT to stay on US-101.
Turn RIGHT onto US-101 ALT.
Turn LEFT onto US-101.
Turn RIGHT onto WA-103/ PACIFIC AVE S/ PACIFIC WAY. Continue to follow WA-103/ PACIFIC AVE S.
End at 101 Bolstad (this is the second stoplight) St Long Beach, WA 98631

From Seattle-ish area:

Take the I-5 S ramp toward TACOMA/ PORTLAND.
Take the AIRPORT WAY exit on the LEFT.
Merge onto I-5 S via the exit on the LEFT.
Merge onto US-101 N via EXIT 104 toward ABERDEEN/ PORT ANGELES.
Take WA-8 W toward MONTESANO/ ABERDEEN.
WA-8 W becomes US-12 W.
Take the JCT WA-107 ramp toward MONTESANO/ RAYMOND.
Turn LEFT onto S MAIN ST.
Stay STRAIGHT to go onto WA-107.
Turn LEFT onto US-101.
Turn RIGHT to stay on US-101.
Turn RIGHT onto WA-103/ PACIFIC AVE S/ PACIFIC WAY. Continue to follow WA-103/ PACIFIC AVE S.
End at 101 Bolstad St Long Beach, WA 98631

See you all there!!!

BTW, Long Beach isn't great for wheelin' but is good for a tour or two. SO don't :flame: me on my choice of towns to live in....

Last edited:
looks like a good one for me to start doing some light duty wheeling with my jeep since i just finsihed my ax-15 swap yesterday, if i can get my cooling system figured out so i could make a long drive and try to make sense of my 4wd linkage i just might go.

If the beach is dry (no rain) you shouldn't need 4WD to get on, IF you use the Bolstad aproach, it's the only one the city cares enough about to grade daily....

However, once your on the beach, you might want it.....There are softspots and sinkholes....

dellstopjeep said:
and my women would think im takin her on a trip to the beach and thats always points!

she'll see past it you homo

i believe your on the clock too, what will cowboy think of this?

I'll give him your number

Long Beach ain't much for Wheelin' (unless you "somehow" make into Beards hollow)......

Good for tours, thats about it.

Supposedly there is a trail outside Chinook that is wheelable legally, but I have found it yet.....

Mmmmmmm - that sounds like a load of fun! My "ole ball and chain"(he wants me to refer to him as such) Husband will be returning from Iraq in a few weeks - we might be there and I just might bring my BIG dog. 25yr Tennessee Walker. Hubz might want to sleep for a few days - I will leave this one up to him if he gets his Jeep back by then?

I will keep ya'll in touch!

My friends own property down there.There trying to talk us in to going down there that exact weekend.Camping,drinking,????I think I just might have to break away for awhile.
JACK

Hey guys, just an update, I will still be doing this shindig this weekend, but the BBQ has been moved to the park by my place.....(We will still meet at the spot indicated in post #1......)

I will also be guiding us to Beards hollow.....

I just don't have the room in my XJ for the Grill and all the stuff.......

Check that, I will be shopping this evening.....

Now, why can't I see that f'n edit button......

SO far betweeen the two groups I have just a couple takers.....

Looks like i will be shopping locally instead of running to Astoria.....

OK folks, I am headed to the sand in about an hour...

My commuute is only about 5 minutes depending on what aproach I use to get on....

All total the commute to town is:

Beach: 20-25 Minutes

Paved roads: about 15

Back