• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My OEM Electric Fan Broke

Osprey413

NAXJA Forum User
And I am so glad I have a 180degree thermostat. That is the only thing that has saved my Jeep.

Anyway, my stock electric fan is dead. No idea why, it just stopped working. No blown fuse, relay works right, and it's getting power. So, my question is this... are there any "upgrade" replacements that require little to no modification, or does anyone know where I can get a replacement fan for cheap? I've searched through the forums and have really only come up with replacements for the clutch fan, which I don't want or need to do.

since u say ur relay still works , just go buy an aftermarket one, and most aftermarket flow more air because of better design, most times easy to insatll - ties go right through the rad.

Osprey413 said:
And I am so glad I have a 180degree thermostat. That is the only thing that has saved my Jeep.

Anyway, my stock electric fan is dead. No idea why, it just stopped working. No blown fuse, relay works right, and it's getting power. So, my question is this... are there any "upgrade" replacements that require little to no modification, or does anyone know where I can get a replacement fan for cheap? I've searched through the forums and have really only come up with replacements for the clutch fan, which I don't want or need to do.

I thought tha my fan went out as well. I took it out and pulled the fan blade off of the electric motor and sprayed a little electrical grease down the shaft to see if it had siezed up and it had. Worth a shot and about 5 minutes.

5-90 said:
Sure - get an OEM from a 1996-up, which was redesigned to move more air (I'm not sure how much more, but it's definitely more.) I'll be getting those to replace mine as they wear out - but I haven't been that lucky yet...

5-90

my 96 has the old straight blade fan; i think they changed it in 1997 and later Xjs.

CommandoXJ96 said:
my 96 has the old straight blade fan; i think they changed it in 1997 and later Xjs.

OK, so I was off by a year or so. I'm sure it's posted and confirmed here somewhere - I just need to get it fixed in my head as well... I've got bigger fish to fry...

5-90

Back