• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shim question

bigred95

NAXJA Forum User
I was just wondering in what case do u need axle shims? I have a 95 xj with 5.5 RE short arm kit im installing. it has the t-case drop and i was wondering if im goin to need a new cv driveshaft and if i do will i need shims. If i decide to not to go with the cv will i be free of vibrations with just t-case drop and shims? if so what angle shims would i need if decided to not put on a cv? help would be appreciated

Wont really know until its done. You may need an sye, I would budget for it because there is a good chance you will. You will need shims if you do an sye. You don't need to shim with a t-case drop, and even with the drop you may have vibes, its a pretty tall lift.

Ramsey said:
Wont really know until its done. You may need an sye, I would budget for it because there is a good chance you will. You will need shims if you do an sye. You don't need to shim with a t-case drop, and even with the drop you may have vibes, its a pretty tall lift.
X2 won't know until the lift is on.Tom woods has some good info on his sight.
http://www.4xshaft.com/index.html

Sean

Back