• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Axle Swap Question(s)

Tommy4949

NAXJA Forum User
My brother has a couple old dodge P/Us with ChryCo 9.25 axles under them. I was wondering if this was a viable option for putting under the rear of my XJ? I have not measured the width yet, but I don't want to cut it and don't have a full size front axle to put in. It is 5x4.5 bolt pattern though, (I used to run the wheels off it on my XJ).

Has anyone else put one of these axles in the rear of their XJ? I haven't found any articles on here or Google pertaining to the subject. Some info or links would be great!!! TIA

I can only assume the width is off if it's off an old Ramcharger or such.

I know the '89 Ramcharger with the 9.25 we have was way too wide.

MoparManiac said:
I can only assume the width is off if it's off an old Ramcharger or such.

I know the '89 Ramcharger with the 9.25 we have was way too wide.

I figured as much. This dodge is really low to the ground and only 2wd, so I wasn;t sure if there was a difference. It's also the same axle that's in my buddy's 69 Barracuda. But the 'Cuda is wider than an XJ. Oh well, how funny would it be to have a full size axle in the rear and a stock D30 out front? :laugh3:

Back