• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeep worth

adamst

NAXJA Forum User
how much do you guys think a 1988 jeep cherokee sport with a 4.0 inlne 6, body has rust, paint faded, clear coat gone. The hydralic clutch is out, tires are in okay shape, interior is rough but its all there, it runs decent. some new parts, head gasket, and starter. But how much do you think its worth to buy it of someone out right, how much should i offer him???

I picked up my 87 XJ for $600 a couple months ago. Very little rust on mine though....

If it's rusty on the floors or rockers, then offer (way) less. Doors and front fenders can be had for cheap, so If those are rusty, they can be easliy replaced and shouldn't effect the value a whole lot....

I got an '87 for 300.00 with a thrashed interior and a blown clutch.

If you never did it before, you have to pull the trans to get at the slave cylinder on that baby. Shops won't do it for under a grand.

I got my 87 last year with a d44, auto, I6 for $550 Canadian. He drove it to me for delivery. Fair amount of rust but doors and visible parts are rust free.

I bought a 90 laredo with rust everywhere for 200$ drove it till she died then parked it. Then I bought a 89 Pioneer I6 for 300$ with no rust and little wrong with it and passed inspection.
It even came with a 91 parts jeep.

So I would say anywhere from 300-900$ Pending on what it looks like and whats wrong with it. Nobody can really tell you what they think unless they see it.

My '91 Laredo had no rust, interior was all there (needed a GOOD cleaning), and it didn't run, but would turn over with jumper cables. I paid $200 for it, cut the plug out of the CPS harness and spliced it back together and it's been running ever since.

Rust REALLY kills a deal for an XJ. You have to remember that not only does the body of the XJ keep you out of the weather, it's also its own support system. I would normally steer clear of a rust damaged XJ. They're a dime a dozen without rust damage.

Look at the underbody or better yet pull off the kick panels if they let you and look underneath the rug. I could've saved another 300-400(I had already talked the dealer down) on my 94 had I done that, but it was raining and I didn't feel like getting under it after the test drive and everything else was golden so I learned the hard way.

i just bought an 89 for 1100 and it has little rust on the floorboards actually one 1 spot so i was happy i had bought a 90 for 350 didn't have a rear drive shaft and NO rust and it a good cherokee just needed too much work done to it. sold it for 1000

Back