• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country 4.5" Question

blaker_99

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so after doing a lot of reading and writting I have com the the conlusion that RE isone of the best lift on the market if you are willing to spend the cash. they are running $1049 plus shocks and a few upgrades etc. I can't see myself spending that kinda of money on the lift so i was wondering what everyone though about the Rough Country full spring (4) kit it is running $699 inclused shocks and all hardware etc. What are everyone thoughts on this lift? Will it be fine for just light off roading and hunting fishing trips? Does it ride like junk? Will i need to extend my rear driveshaft? I greatly appreciate everyones help and hope to join the lifted crew asap! Cheers all

Do a search for $11 bastard leaf pack write up. I am using dodge dakota (95 I think) leaf pack under my XJ main leaf and get about 4.5" of lift on my 89 XJ. Then buy a set of coils for the front. Use the SEARCH botton and you will come up with a whole butt load of lift options. I do not know about your driveshaft but most likely it will have to be longer, but there is an alternative to a pricey new shaft here as well. Never really looked into it as my is an 89 and I am using my oem driveshaft. At 4.5" there is going to be more that you will have to do then springs, leaves, and shocks to make it work on the XJ.

i use the rc 4.5" lift witht he aal(should have gotten the full spring pack) but it does the job i need it to . I use it for light off-roading and such works great. advise i would give is upgrade the shocks. i didnt and should have. my grandfather drove my xj and he says it rides like a logging waggon(he is 75yrs old) i would suggest going with the lower control arm drop brackets havent bought them yet but heard they make a huge difference. also add in extended brake lines cause you will need those. if i would have done it all over again i would have waited and gone with the re lift cause in the long run you are going to spend just about the same after all the upgrades and such. just my opinion. if you dont mind a rough ride like me cause it isnt my dd than i would say it is a pretty easy and good lift for the money.

Back