• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear fuel odour

85xjproject

NAXJA Forum User
spent 1 h under the jeep,all looks good in the back fuel lines,found some split in the front,(old rubber hose repairs,gonna fix em tomorrow)now for some reason i always smell gas when i am standing in back of the jeep,but there is never a drop on the ground,or any were else for that matter.yall know what i should look for?no gas smell in the front
f.y.i 85 carburated 2.8l gm motor,cat,muffler no o2 sensor rear tail pipe is very black on the inside,been using the el cheapo 87 octane for 1 month,the gas is insanely high here in quebec,i have owned the jeep for 6 months and always used 94 octane before thanks bruthas!

could be the filler neck hose is starting to rot away... they dont last forever. any rust on the tank? maybe its gotten a little thin.

filler neck hose has a nice rust patch on it,tanks rusted to ship,thanks gonna inspect it further to confirm

Back