• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

16.5" wheels?

Chero-King

NAXJA Forum User
My dad want's my 33's on universal Eagle rims for his Bronco and he offered me his 35's off of the '79 GMC he's parting out.
The 35's are on 16.5" black D-windows, but they're ovbiously 8 bolt rims.
Does anybody make 16.5" wheels with a 5x4.5" pattern?

No, they most likely don't, since that is a truck rim size. You don't want 16.5" rims anyway, since they don't have a bead lock lip and every time you air down you'll blow a bead.

Stay away from them.

Really? Thats too bad. They're basically brand new.

Airing down wouldn't be a problem for me, though.
The Jeep was built for mud and mild trails, no rocks, So I've never felt the need to air down.

Believe me, you'd regret it. I've seen many who have.

I've you want good offroad performance, you're going to air down........if not now, eventually.

Goatman said:
No, they most likely don't, since that is a truck rim size. You don't want 16.5" rims anyway, since they don't have a bead lock lip and every time you air down you'll blow a bead.

Stay away from them.
Another option would be H1 wheels. Cheap (if you can do your own work), effective, and double bead lock. Only downsides would be they are quite heavy and can get expensive if you can't work on them yourself (ie weld new centers and/or rockrings)

However just like your wheels from your father now, they also come stock setup with 8 on 6.5. With huge 7" backspacing, so you'd need to re-center them with a different mounting pattern taken care of at the same time. There are a few companies that sell centers for them like Stazworks, CopperheadFab, Dean @ Performance Cryogenics, etc

I picked up my 12-bolt (wheel bolts, not lug pattern) brand new in box for a great deal/cheap, ordered some beadlock rings from Dean @ Performance Cryogenics and I'm good to go. Yet I'm keeping the backspacing and the 8lug pattern with my setup.

Back