• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

side mirror swap

gt247life04

NAXJA Forum User
John90XJ said:
'97+ mirrors are a direct swap to the older '84-'96 models and allow you to fold them on the trail and get a slightly larger mirror as well. It's one of my favorite changes since we have the tight trees in the Pacific Northwest and I wasted a couple of stock mirrors. The old style never seem to be the same after holding the Jeep away from a large Douglas Fir tree. ;)

Is this true? Are the electrical connections the same? Does anyone have comments or suggestions about this swap? Any pictures? Thanks!

The mirrors themselves will swap over. But I believe the wiring is different.

The link is incorrect. It doesn't lead to GoJeep's site.

The wiring is indeed different, but unless you had heated mirrors, you won't miss it. I did the swap a couple years ago & never re-wired the mirrors. If you use power mirrors, the glass will click into position & stay that way. To adjust just click 'em & forget 'em. And if you wheel narrow trails, you'll love the way these mirrors fold back out of the way. :)

Back