• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Budget boost???

xCOYOTEx

NAXJA Forum User
Over on the jeep forum website, saw a budget lift kit with all used parts (cut xj leaf to make a add a leaf, grand cherokee coils, etc....) I am a broke people, so this looks good to me, but have any of you tried to do anything like this??? This is the thread http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/home_brew_budget_boost.htm I want to try this, but maybe add the Tereflex shackles and coil spacers,(will add 1or 1 1/2 inches) and right now 4wd hardware has Skyjacker shocks that are 34 bucks each, and a $35 rebate so 4 shocks for $105...... so i think I can do this cheap, but just want some feedback....:cheers:

Order the Teraflex shackles from Quadratec for $65, Then, go to your local autozone and order 1.75" spacers from Energy Suspension for $50. Install and enjoy. With the small amount of lift there isn't really much need for new, longer shocks unless you're going to do a lot of offroad driving and hill jumping.

P.S. The Energy Suspension spacers will come with a replacement for the factory coil spring isolator as well as the spacer.

silver_s13 said:
Order the Teraflex shackles from Quadratec for $65, Then, go to your local autozone and order 1.75" spacers from Energy Suspension for $50. Install and enjoy. With the small amount of lift there isn't really much need for new, longer shocks unless you're going to do a lot of offroad driving and hill jumping.

P.S. The Energy Suspension spacers will come with a replacement for the factory coil spring isolator as well as the spacer.

Or just order the Teraflex Budget boost with the spacers and shackles. It is $113 which is about the same as buying the spacers and shackles seperate and save you a drive to the autozone.

BlackCat01 said:
Or just order the Teraflex Budget boost with the spacers and shackles. It is $113 which is about the same as buying the spacers and shackles seperate and save you from being seen in a autozone.

there.

Actually, I was going to do both, the Tereflex kit, and the Grand cherokee coils/cut up stock leaf springs, looks like I could get 3 inches of lift out of that. Did anyone check out the link to see what they thought of it??? Just looked like a really cool idea for a cheap lift, I found rear springs for 25, and front coils (1 yr old) for 50, and shocks and tereflex kit for around 200.......

Back