• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Probably a STOOOPID question.....?

MIXEDBREED

NAXJA Forum User
I know this is prob a stupid question....but here it goes, cause I don't know! I have Dana 44 axle shafts - 30 spline....will they work my a XJ Dana 35? Why, why not? If I made you laugh...that's cool too, I do what I can!

Thanks
JT

Yes, that is a stupid question. :laugh3:

I'm don't really know all that much about axles but I'm pretty sure they will not work. I believe that the D35's are not 30 spline and I'm pretty sure that the D44 shafts are a shit load beefier. I could be wrong. It's happened before.

kdailey4315 said:
I'm don't really know all that much about axles but I'm pretty sure they will not work. I believe that the D35's are not 30 spline and I'm pretty sure that the D44 shafts are a shit load beefier. I could be wrong. It's happened before.

If you were being serious, I would have sent someone a pm, or called 4WD and ask them before posting something like that on here. Just a suggestion.

Whats funny is I was wondering the same thing. I've never been a fan of flaming someones question though

xjohnnyc said:
Yes, that is a stupid question. :laugh3:

Im more interested in the differences in between the two shafts...thickness? I know spline count. but is that it?

rockpile317 said:
If you were being serious, I would have sent someone a pm, or called 4WD and ask them before posting something like that on here. Just a suggestion.

Since you seem to know all the answers how come you didn't answer the question? At least become a member or get more than 7 posts before you try to be a smart ass.

There is no such thing as i stupid question,,,unless of course you get on here.
Good luck with youre quest,sorry cant help out but i am sure someone will.
Just have to put up with all the needless B.S. it seems,,,sorry bout that

its almost like asking if a toyota starter will work in a ford pinto

shaft diameter and splines:
d35 1.18", 27
d44 1.31", 30

shaft lengths:
d35 28.85, 30.25
d44 29.25, 29.75

spline length
d35 1.5"
d44 1.81"

so assuming you got a 30 spline d35 carrier, the length might be compatible. where your plan falls apart is in the bearing end:
d35 bearing:
1.378id
2.559 od
width .7126
d44
1.563id
2.876 od
.766 width

Nice thought though. It helped inform those of us who didn't know the stats of the two axles. Thanks for asking the question.

firefight343 said:
Whats funny is I was wondering the same thing. I've never been a fan of flaming someones question though

Im more interested in the differences in between the two shafts...thickness? I know spline count. but is that it?

You can't say anything about anything to me, cause I'm your Bro and I'll always be able to kick your ass!!! Much luv Egg.

As for the rest of you...this has been much fun, entertaining and informative. Thanks to OALK for allowing me get some "edjumaction"

Since I don't need the axle shafts now, does any one want them?

JT:gee:

Yes JT, I was laughing WITH you. :)

Last edited:
Lets not forget that the XJ D44 is a semi float while most D35s are C clip axles. You would have a hell of a time finding the right bearing and retainers to make a 44 shaft stay in a 35.

MIXEDBREED said:
You can't say anything about anything to me, cause I'm your Bro and I'll always be able to kick your ass!!! Much luv Egg.

As for the rest of you...this has been much fun, entertaining and informative. Thanks to OALK for allowing me get some "edjumaction"

Since I don't need the axle shafts now, does any one want them?

JT:gee:

The 44's? If so how much? PM me.

Back