• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what should be my second mod?

kumes12688

NAXJA Forum User
I just lifted my 99 xj with the 3.5 re superflex with aal and was wondering what i should add nest. i was thinking of replacing the aal with the whole new springs. let me know what you guys would do. thanks

Protection is always good. Gas tank skid, rock rails. Tires, better gearing for those bigger tires. Performance mods for your engine. Trans cooler. K&N air filter or air tube.

All the lift kits and accessories in the world are worthless if your rig wont back out of the driveway!! Make sure your engine is running tops. So many "mods" you can do for free.

Clean all grounds, clean throttle body, flush radiator, clean motor, clean and check all hoses and lines, especially vacuum lines. Check and rust-proof, de-rust underbody and unibody where ever you can. Check manifold for cracks. Change your diff fluid. How many of you newb's have done that even since you've owned your vehicle.

SO MANY TIMES, I see guys, with all kinds of mods, holding up the show, 30 minutes into wheeling because a rotted brake line breaks, or it overheats, bad plug wires, alternator dies. yadda yadda yadda.

FIRST THINGS FIRST, make sure the damn thing runs!!

Steering braces, or mounts for reinforcements for the steering box. You know eventually you're going to get bigger and heavier (tires, bumpers, winch maybe) and steering is something you want to have covered already. I'm regretting it now since i did every other 'cool' handy, expensive mod first, now I'm going back and having to completely make over my steering and front end.

lockers hands down, but I also agree with Rocketman in regards to making sure it runs and won't fail you on the trail from negligence!

Back