• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wow...just about done (well, for this year) Pics inside

cablesmurf

NAXJA Forum User
Just thought I'd post a link to the build up over that last 8 months. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.calgaryjeep.com/buildups/viewtopic.php?t=20&sid=08628cbf35fc1081c1ae07dcdcffbec3

From this :

My%2097%20XJ.jpg

To this:

dcp_0002_602.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! I like your under-hood work. Looks very clean.

How are you liking those tires?

EDIT: And thanks for the pics of the RK 3-link. You just sold them another one :) I'll be going with that when I get home....

How's that mount up on the drivers side? the upper mount braces through the frame rail?

Very nice except for the tail lights...... I just don't like those things. Where's my hammer.

How much lift and what size tires you running?

Yes I dislike the tail lights as well, but I am old.

I would add at least one more thing, lojack.

Looks good, definitely give us your thoughts on those tires, they are on my short-list of possible future replacements once the MTRs wear out. I assume a front winch and bumper are in the plans as well?

I knew the taillights would get a rise out of some of you...:) I like them and that's all that matters...and I got them free.;)

As for the tires (33's btw)I like them. they are quite and ride smooth but only time will tell how well they wear. They are wayyy quiter than my MTR's were.

The front bumper is being modified to add a reciecer. I will be cutting a notch in the front, welding in the receiver and adding some 2x2 square tube that will span between the frame mounts. I have made some longer frame mounts/tie ins as well. I love the look of the WP bumper and it was cheap...and because I have some basic fab skills, that is why I chose it. (Plus...it will be different from anyone else's then).

Yes, it is split loom under the hood. i like things to look neat...I should take some new pics of the engine bay as I have added a few things, like the compressor, air horn and I labled all my wiring connections with a lable maker (makes things eaiser to remember if something goes wrong later).

I will post a pic of the RK upper arm mount later when I get home.

One more thing...what the hell is a lojack? I that the oppisite of a hilift jack? Or is kind of like a Newjack? Yo, yo yo...werd to your mutha! (I dunno, I got nuthin)

One more thing...what the hell is a lojack? I that the oppisite of a hilift jack? Or is kind of like a Newjack? Yo, yo yo...werd to your mutha! (I dunno, I got nuthin)

Stolen vehicle recovery system that the police use. A lot of work to be taken and driven around in Mexico.

http://lojack.com

Back