• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 XJ 4.5" Rustys fit Nitto Mud Grapplers????

blaker_99

NAXJA Forum User
How's it going everyone. I am the proud owner of a new to me 1998 XJ sport. I was thinking of order a 4.5" Rustys lift. My question is has anyone seen or tried to fit the 33x11.50 Nitto Mud Grappler tire with this lift? The tire on the Nitto website measures 33.07x12.01 on a 9" wide rim. I was going to go with an 8" wide rim though. I love the tire but this is the smallest they make it in how much trimming am i going to need to do just for casual off roading nothing crazy at all i'm not a super serious off road junkie..... I appreciate all the input and the site is awsome keep up the good work guys and gals. Cheers

hey whats going on, yes u can I have a 4.5" lift from roughcountry and I have 33" x 12.50 TSLs on a 8" wide rim, u do have to trim the bottom of the fender a little but they do fit. heres my myspace http://www.myspace.com/jimbmx I have pics of me puting the lift in and what it looks like when its done with the tires. I hope every thing works out for u.

a little bit of trim and they will fit perfect. im running 4.5" with 33x12.50's and i have no problems at all

n508021621_453021_1251.jpg

Sorry for the ? , but why rustys????????? Do a search for lifts, like RE and RC.. these are much better than rustys from what i hear...

scottmcneal said:
Sorry for the ? , but why rustys????????? Do a search for lifts, like RE and RC.. these are much better than rustys from what i hear...

yeah. there's also a thread floating around about a rusty's HD track bar snapping on the street and a picture of a tj upsidedown.... i'm not saying he makes bad stuff. but i'm not buying it.

they'll fit. put em on cragar soft 8's and you'll be happy as a piggy in poopy. they shouldn't rub your lca's or anything else either, as long as you've trimmed your fenders out of the way... they might rub your fenders though. but that's not the end of the world... you should see my 31's on my stock suspension right now. they're a bit cut on the edges :(

Thanks guys for the input. I was thinking of running the Rusty's 4.5" because for $699 you get all new springs (4) t-case lowering hardware, shocks, and all you will need to install the lift. I have had a Rough Country lift before for my 69 chevy and the ride was shit and one of the leafs snapped in less than a month. what would the guys and gals out there reccomend for a 4.5" lift for around the 699 or less mark?

Back