• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chrysler 8.25 Power Traxx locker?

XBoBJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

Well im keeping the 8.25 29spl. Im not going bigger than 33's and im going 4.10s, i have a lockrite in the front and love it. im getting a locker for the rear the powertraxx LS, ive heard these are the same as a lockrite just a little smoother, has anyone ran it, any likes dislikes, i just want to be locked geared and on 33's, and this locker seems like it will get the job done.

Thanks,

Bob

Yep, good choice IMO. 8.25s don't leave you with much of a choice for the rear - it will be smooth on the road and great off road.

it is what I have been running for the past few years, exactly what you described, 29spline C8.25 with a Powertrax locker and 4.10's w/ 33 TSL's....it has done everything I needed to.

XBoBJ said:
Hey guys,

Well im keeping the 8.25 29spl. Im not going bigger than 33's and im going 4.10s, i have a lockrite in the front and love it. im getting a locker for the rear the powertraxx LS, ive heard these are the same as a lockrite just a little smoother, has anyone ran it, any likes dislikes, i just want to be locked geared and on 33's, and this locker seems like it will get the job done.

Thanks,

Bob

I'm assuming you mean the Powertrax No-Slip, as opposed to the Powertrax Lock Right. The No-Slip is not a limited slip. It is a full locker. But it is more street-friendly than the Lock Right.

I had No-Slips front and rear (8.25) for a few years, and no issues at all. I've since put in a D44 with Detroit Locker. But still have the No-Slip up front.

I run 36" Swampers pretty tough offroad with a Powertrax no-slip in the rear on a 27 spline 8.25. I have nothing but good things to say about it.

Back