• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front Axle brackets to mount RE links?

geberhard

NAXJA Forum User
I tried seraching but did not find info on what you guys have been using as far as axle brackets when swapping axles on your XJ's. I.e. Mounting a front 44 or 60 when using aftermarket arms (i.e Rubicon express long arms).

I saw some cool build here where people made them, just trying to find some pre-made if I can save some time. Planis a 79 Ford D60 on RE long arms. I think RE and Ballistic are the ones I have found so far, any others you guys used that worked well or recomendations? Not sure if Dan (ruffstuff has some as well)

Thx!

Last edited:
Depending on what axle you are going to swap in, the T&T Customs bracket kit with the truss is probably the best option. Costs about $400 for all the brackets.
I used the Rubicon Express axle bracket kit, also $400, include everything and much beefier than the stock brackets.
Ballistic Fab has all the brackets at the best price, and they will sell them seperately if you don't need/want all the brackets.

Thnaks for the info. I was hoping not to have to spend mor than a couple hundred bucks on the axle brackets, I am planning CO's, so woudl not need the coil bucket mounts. I will check teh T&T cuistomes. I spoke with Dan from Ruffstuff today (Naxja supporter), and they may be coming up with something failry soon, and I love thier stuff, top notch.

Plan is for the Ford HP 60 to RE long arms.

Back