• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jacks pass, beckler river road....

KarlVP

NAXJA Forum User
Gone.

http://www.komotv.com/news/18764509.html

You want to go up here? Start hiking.

Picture041-1.jpg

That sucks!

Securing wilderness recreation for future generations... Except Murrays definition of recreation is different than mine.

we have known this was going to happen for some time now.
But this is a huge reminder to all of us as to why we need to be careful how we protect the land and areas that we use. Keeping the trails clean and protected is one of the most important ways of keeping our trails open to our use!!

I will miss these wheeling trips, but I will continue to use the area on foot.
Michael

KarlVP said:
Disabled hunters are still allowed to use the area in their vehicles. I say we all get disabled hunter permits and go snow wheeling.

Word.

This sucks for the snow wheeling season. This state is becoming more like east coast states, fewer and fewer places that are still open.

The biggest concern here is the precedent that has now been set. Up to this time all wilderness areas have been remote, untouched, and hard to access. Now for the first time there is a Federal Wilderness that has been logged and recreated in during it's modern history. This can be a precedent for the preservationists to start locking down more areas.
There is a vast difference between Conservation and Preservation. It's like 4x4ing your own rig or looking at a vehicle in a museum.

Yep, it's a terrible precedent to set. Previous logging and mining activity = not wilderness. No-one was gonna develop shit up there anyhow, that was a false argument. It was solely about restricting motorized access. I'm gonna come up with a bum knee and get a disabled pass, screw those rat bastards.

I have two slipped discs, one ruptured disc and an arthritic shoulder....

I think I may go for the disabled permit....

I may be new to wheelin' but I still would like to wheel in an area thats open. The more they close, the more depressed I get.....

Now I am off to find the trail outside of Chinook.....

Metal Thrasher said:
The biggest concern here is the precedent that has now been set. Up to this time all wilderness areas have been remote, untouched, and hard to access. Now for the first time there is a Federal Wilderness that has been logged and recreated in during it's modern history. This can be a precedent for the preservationists to start locking down more areas.
There is a vast difference between Conservation and Preservation. It's like 4x4ing your own rig or looking at a vehicle in a museum.

X2 Scary precedent

I have alot of great memories of the snow runs on Jacks Pass.

Back