• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering upgrade for D30

nonnie

NAXJA Forum User
I've researched to find upgrades for steering. My 33's may be hard on my steering. Are there upgrades with WJ/ZJ etc that I'm missing?

just put a currie on a buddies TJ and it is really beefy! the only problem with the currie is that they are so strong it looks like the TRE's, even as large as the are, will break before anything bends. Deffinitly 100X's stronger but carry spare TRE's just incase.

I am running the JCR 1-ton set up...couldn't be happier, and you wanna talk about stout!

Newb here, I'm running the TNT 1-ton OTK steering and I love it. It's extremely beefy and my steering feels firmer.

Hmmmm 36" tires and I only have a PC steering stabilizer... 6 months and no problems

XJ&TJ4ME said:
do you wheel it hard at all?

X2... what kind of wheeling do you do... mild trails, mud, rocks, big rocks.... these should factor into your requirements.

I've got the ORO U-turn setup. Haven't had it off road yet, but love it on road so far.

XJ&TJ4ME said:
do you wheel it hard at all?

Well not as hard as some of the things I watched on Youtube... I'll have to post a video or 2 sooner or later.

Mostly I like slow crawling up steep slopes, through trees... every so often I'll almost rally-like race it down a trail to scare the passengers! =) (Not often though because that can get harsh)

I was actually refering to the original poster, but that is good to hear about the ralley racing :D

get a zj tie rod and use a tranny cooler as a power steering cooler, under 40$ at picnpull and my steering was amazing with 33's.

Back