• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Sway Bar

95meangreen

NAXJA Forum User
Ok im thinking about removing the rear sway bare in my XJ but its myu daily driver will that mess up the on road driveabilty? or will it not effect it? and also will it make much difference for flex? Help me out

ditch it

get rid of it. I lost it on both my '93 HO and my '87 Laredo. No diff in roadability and you gain approx. 1-2" of flex. Just my opinion, anyone care to confirm?

I run with no sway bars all the time. Try removing it and see how it rides, then decide if you are comfortable without it.

Well the Conclsion to this is i tore it out the mount was bashing into my unibody so i cut that out and the other side was just bandaided in with wire cuz the nut was stripped so it wasnt holding good anyway and i like the flex and its not bad ont the road either. it took it down a Curvy road tested it. It was all good that guys! thanks to everyone.

took mine out a long time ago, hardly miss it, as long as the front is hooked up. when it's disconected the truck leans alot.

i have both off, rear i didnt notice anything, front, sometimes at higher speeds if feel a difference in cornering. even on highway i never really feel like i should have the front on.

Back