• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front End Vibration

shute420

NAXJA Forum User
Well I did search for some answers for my front end vibration and just want to be sure that I should check my U-joints and Wheel bearings before anything else.

The vibration is definitley from the TC case forward, no doubt that its in the front end. Its kind of random that it comes and goes at different speeds,....itll do it at 35, 50 and a little bit at 65....Id say its more constant at say 35 to 50, but not ALL the time, it comes and goes on the highway when im at 65 - 70 and ive noticed it really doesnt change much when I step on or let off the gas.

Font driveshaft u-joints? Wheel bearings??...something else??

As soon as I get a minute I plan on taking off the front ds and taking a spin to see if the noise is there still......Could it just be the u-joints or is more likely the wheel bearings or maybe both??

Take out your front driveshaft and drive it around....see if the vibration stays. Easy way to eliminate a possible problem.

Could also be ball joints, out of balance tires, bad shocks, worn out TRE on your tie rod, drag link or the frame side mount of your trackbar. Shot bushing on a control arm...the possibilities are endless.

More info about your rig might help too.

yeah i plan on taking thr front ds off as soon as i can find the time......ball joints were replaced last year, tires are out of balanace, but wouldnt that be more of a constant vibration and not one that comes and goes??.....does need new shocks which i have just havent put on yet.....

heres my sig from anther site with all my info

2000 Classic, 4.0L HO, AW4, NP242, 3.55 Stock Gears, 265/75/16 Truxxus MT's on 16x7 Icon's, Rubicon Express 4.5" Lift, RE 3/4" front poly spacers, Rough Country HYDRO 8000 shocks, Flowmaster super 40, K&N filter in factory air box , Hella 500 lights, AutoPal H4 Headlamps , RE HNT just installed

Some other info on it......seems to be alot of vibration when Im slowing down oir when I let off the gas......also when I'm on the highway doing 65-70 the vibration is almost...almost....non existent....gets louder as I slow down and as I said when I let off the gas.......

Get your tires balanced first. An out of balance tire will not necessarily always vibrate. Different road conditions can set them off. You might as well replace the shocks at the same time since you mentioned that they need it.

Do those two things first and then start diagnosing other problems.

menos said:
Get your tires balanced first. An out of balance tire will not necessarily always vibrate. Different road conditions can set them off. You might as well replace the shocks at the same time since you mentioned that they need it.

Do those two things first and then start diagnosing other problems.

well i got new rims and tires going on tomorrow so thatll take care of that........and shocks soon.....i really think its in the driveline or more like the wheel bearings......it just seems that the tires out of balance and the shocks wouldnt cause that much of a vibration...i mean it can be loud at times.....like im constantly driving over one of those strips on the highway

you'd be surprised what bad shocks/bushings can do. But the simple fact that your tires are out of balance...well...it could be a combo of things. Common sense says to fix the known problems and go from there.

I guess you missed my first post and already removed your front driveshaft to rule that out...checked your control arm bushings, your tie rod ends, track bar (both frame side and axle side)....?

I agree your tire may not be the entire issue but it definatly is not helping any either. Also differnt types of tire imbalance can cause differnt issues and types of vibration

orangeamc13 said:
Did it do this at all before the mt's? I'm thinking it's the tires being out of balance. If it's still happening after the BFG's, give me a call. We can set something up for you to swing through.

no it didnt do this before the Truxxus got put on.......but if it was the tires, wouldnt it be more constant?........anyways...sounds good bro.....ill give you a call either tomorrow or sunday...

orangeamc13 said:
Did it do this at all before the mt's? I'm thinking it's the tires being out of balance. If it's still happening after the BFG's, give me a call. We can set something up for you to swing through.

Orange lettering is harder to read can you change it back to black. You usually have good advice but I skip it sometimes because it is so hard to read.

Back