• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Driveline Angles

turpehar

NAXJA Forum User
After installing my lift a little more than a week ago, I measured my driveline angles. The lift is an RE 3.5" SR with full springs. As noted in the drawing, the output shaft and the pinion shaft are within 1 degree of each other, while the shaft angle is 16 degrees. I understand that an SYE is in order, but my vibes aren't bad enough to get in a hurry. Can anybody tell me how this compares to their non SYE angles? I'm not trying to solve a problem here,,, just curious.

angle2.jpg

Good luck,you need an SYE kit!
BTW:there is no such thing as minor vibes!

Drop the t-case an inch I did a 3.5 RE lift on mine,took care of my vibs up to about 75mph. Ive run it like this for about eight years with no problems.

JEFF said:
Drop the t-case an inch I did a 3.5 RE lift on mine,took care of my vibs up to about 75mph. Ive run it like this for about eight years with no problems.

I did a TC drop and about 75% of my vibes went away. Thats where I come up with "minor vibes". Thanks for the advice.

RCP Phx said:
Good luck,you need an SYE kit!
BTW:there is no such thing as minor vibes!

Thanks alot there smart guy. If you would read my hole post you will see that I said I recognize an SYE is in order.

Now let me get this straight, when it comes to vibrations it's positive/negitive, black/white, all/nothing, unacceptable/fully acceptable. I must be missing something:smoker:

Back