• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

broken proporting valve...what now...

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
i broke the little plastic sensor off of the proporting valve tonight. my best guess is to go to picnpull and pull a new valve since they are discontinued, but do i really need that little sensor anyway? just wondering... anyone have any luck with aftermarket valves? its all on/off my 89 xj. im not looking forward to redoing my front lines but its my only choice

im thinking that sensor was prob controlled by the computer and it cant run without eh?

no abs

anyone else broken this thing?

all that sensor does is controll the brake light on the dash.

start up the jeep and take the e-brake off and see if the light stays lit.

are you sure that all it does it keep the brake light on? i thought the brake light only came on for the ebrake, and not the proporting valve? i didnt think the two were connected

That sensor is there to detect if one side of the valve gets pressure and not the other - like if you lose the front or rear brakes, or run out of fluid due to a minor leak - and turn the brake light on.

You can run without it for now, i would not do so in the long term.

cool. i actually went to the junk yard today and pulled a new valve just to be safe, but making the new front lines is harder than the rear, thats for sure

Back