• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

newb question

kumes12688

NAXJA Forum User
I just got the 3.5 inch superflex kit and was wondering how the disconnects work. once i pull the pin out of the bottom i slide it off, then what? do i just let them hang?it seems like they have to come off or something? probably a ridiculous question, but if someone can answer it would be appreciated. thanks

be a real man and just take the sway bar and links off completely

If you want it bad enough you can get some eye bolts from the hardware store and mount them forward of the swaybars. It will give you something to run the wire ties to.

Otherwise, you can use small bungee chords. JKS actually mentions this in the instructions that come with their QD kit.

Did you have the R.E. 3.5 super flex installed, or did you install it? I ask because the kit comes with pins to hook the links on when they are disconected. They are on the inner fender well front of the coil spring... My thoughts are in favor of dumping the sway bar. Because the Gen2 endlinks from R.E. SUCK!

Back