• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel problems helpppp

308turbo

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys i have a 92 cherokee with 4.0 in it....about 2 months ago fuel pump went bad on it no surprise it has 200,000 miles on it....replaced pump and filter and it ran great about 500 miles then the jeep died in the back yard...the pump is not turning on and had no pressure so i figured got a bad pump or something......replaced pump and filter again,put it all back together now cant get jeep to run...

when i turn the key to on position (NOT crankin) i hear the pump come on for a second or two then off....This normal??? i pulled fuel lines off front of motor by the fuel rail and i got nothin when i prime the pump...

i disconnected the wire connector in back by the pump and put straight power to it and the pump will go on as long as i want but NOT ONE DROP OF FUEL i pulled the line off before the filter and still not one drop..I am clueless i dont understand and yes i have gas in it alittle over 5 gallons

any ideas this is driving me crazy.....i going to drop the tank again to check everything i guess but just asking if there something else i can do

thanks in advanced

fuel pump relay could be bad. i had a simliar issue. replaced the pump and still the same problems. it ended up that the pump dragged the relay down with it.

ya but when u turn the key you can hear the pump come on for a second or two and when you run straight power to it the pumps runs just doesnt pump any fuel im woundering if one of the lines popped off somehow

thanks tho ill check it

Could be the sock inside has something blocking the pickup of fuel. I would pull it out of the tank and bench test it in a bucket of water or maybe kerosene. See if the pump actually pumps or if the pump motor is running without pumping. Let us know what you find. Never heard this exact problem before except that it turned out to be a defective replacement pump.

Back