• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheelwell

xjeepers2

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so i want to expand my rear wheelwell in to make them bigger. so i can fit bigger tires next yr without rubbin but i wanted to see if anyone has any pics of things that they have done. I wanted to fit 37s and i will have a ford 9" and hp 44 need help!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!

If you can weld, then you could try out summit racing for new tubs. They have generic universal tubs that people use to make room for drag slicks. You can cut and fit them with relative ease. from there its just cutting up your body and sealing it back up.

ya i can weld and i have looked at those the thing is that i have a 4dr and i want to keep my back seat... so im trying to think out side the box and figure out how i coiuld do something that would work. unless those would work?

You didn't say how much lift, I'm still working on my left side, This is a RE 4.5" lift, Ford 9" and HP44, and these are 35" tires. I might be able to get 37's on there.
Dsc04782.jpg

Here's the left side in progress. I'll be trimming the corner of the rear door a little like I did on the right side.
Dsc04792.jpg

Dsc00485.jpg

Dsc04797.jpg

Dsc00484.jpg

Last edited:
hey that looks good so far i have a 6" FT but i may go up anouther inch or two

so how far r u moving into the back?

With a 6" lift you probably wouldn't have to trim as much as I did, and still not rub.

I wanted to keep mine as low as possible but still have good flex and still clear 35's. Plus I didn't care too much about the body on this rig, so I don't need a super clean trim job.

The cuts are basically about 2" line out from the outside edge of the flare, above the flare and behind it. But only about 3/4" from the outside edge of the flare, in front of the flare.

Sectioning the inner quarter panel like I did on the left side, makes just some simple flat pieces needed for fillers. It was a learning experience on the right side, I cut it differently on that side and the inside is UGLY!
Dsc04697.jpg

Last edited:
not sure where my pics are of extending the rear wheel well but with 6.5 of lift you can stuff 38.5x11.00 boggers with ease front axle was moved forward 1 inch when i installed the rock krawler long arm. rear wheel well was extended 3.5 and not more because of fuel fill hose in the way. rear axle moved back 1 inch also front of wheel well also called a dog leg by door was shaved as much as possible
2rmrqte.jpg
[/IMG]

I have a 4.5 and only have pics of the 33's but can fit 35's without rubbing

I just cut out the inner wheel well to the middle and cut the body up, added sheet metal inbetween and it wasnt hard at all. I didnt really trim the front to much so I think it would be doable on a 4 door.

Sponge Bob said:
not sure where my pics are of extending the rear wheel well but with 6.5 of lift you can stuff 38.5x11.00 boggers with ease front axle was moved forward 1 inch when i installed the rock krawler long arm. rear wheel well was extended 3.5 and not more because of fuel fill hose in the way. rear axle moved back 1 inch also front of wheel well also called a dog leg by door was shaved as much as possible
2rmrqte.jpg
[/IMG]
Do u think u could go 38 12.50 or would u rub? And what leaf springs are u running

Back