• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parking and Dash Lights.....

fatty

NAXJA Forum User
I have looked through the threads on similar problems, however they do not seem to have a definitive answer.
First, I got in the Jeep, turned on the lights, and my headlights would not come on. I finessed the knob a little bit and it ended up coming out of the switch. I then replaced the knob to find that now my parking lights do not turn on as well as my dash lights, where as my headlights work now.
Second, I have traced the wires and have not found any melted or damaged wires. (haven't looked at every inche). Also, all the fuses related to the parking and instrument cluster are fine.
Third, I just got done replacing the headlights switch, to no avail. Same problem.

Please help. I already got pulled over once.

1997 XJ Sport, manual everything.

Thanks..... fatty

Please Disreguard. I just went through all of my fuses (kick panel and underhood) Turns out there was a 20 amp fuse under the hood in the PDC that was blown. Not knowing what it was, I replaced it and my parking lights work now. I dont have my owners manual, but if you are looking at the jeep from the front towards the back, it was a mini fuse in the center portion of the power distribution center, on the right side, second one down.

Sorry for wasting your reading time. I hope at least this might help someone else.

Thank you.....

Back