• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how to negate door buzzer

92xjsp

NAXJA Forum User
One guy said his was a relay on the fuse box under the dash. Here's my fuse box - I've tried unplugging the two big round shiny things, and the buzzer kept going. The rectangular shiny thing I know is a circuit breaker for the wiper motor. So how can I quiet that annoying buzzer?

fusebox.jpg

Open the door, put the key in the ignition, and stick your head under the dash. Follow the sound until you find the door buzzer. Put your hand on what you think may be the buzzer. if you can feel it vibrating, unplug it. If the buzzing stops, then you've solved your problem. Just FYI, when you remove the buzzer, you'll also lose the headlight buzzer reminder for when you leave your lights on. HTH

it's the the little blach box on the left, it also buzzes when you leave your headlights on. killed my battery a couple of times until i got into the habit of double checking my lights.

Or you could pull the kick panel and unplug the connector going to the buzzer switch in the door jamb. Your interior lights won't work when you open the drivers door if you do this.

There is also a fuse that goes to the buzzer. But if you pull it you also loose dash lights and tail lights.

there is a clip part that you have to press in, it's on the middle of the side that you can't see in the pic. Pull hard!

I just put 5 or 6 layers of duct tape on mine, it buzzes but is hardly noticeable.

yeah, i put a peice of tape over mine it too. makes it less harsh and you still have the little reminder for the headlights.

Pull out the pin switch in the door jamb, one wire controls dome fuction, one wire controls buzzer, cut the buzzer wire and all else works fine.

FordGuy said:
Pull out the pin switch in the door jamb, one wire controls dome fuction, one wire controls buzzer, cut the buzzer wire and all else works fine.
Good thing to know. I don't mind the buzzer too much as I rarely hear it. I am already in the habit of buckling my belt before inserting the key in the switch . I also am in the habit of pushing the headlight switch in as I back my Jeep up b/c it keeps me from shining my lights into my neighbors bedroom window. (He has to get up at 5AM) Just being respectful.

90Blue_XJ said:
Good thing to know. I don't mind the buzzer too much as I rarely hear it. I am already in the habit of buckling my belt before inserting the key in the switch . I also am in the habit of pushing the headlight switch in as I back my Jeep up b/c it keeps me from shining my lights into my neighbors bedroom window. (He has to get up at 5AM) Just being respectful.

I laugh every time I think of this fix because I spent probably 4 hours trying to come up with a way to stop the frickin buzzer, did not have a Manuel and spend hours trying to find it. After tearing the Jeep apart my wife finally said, I think it coming from the cluster, I thought no way! well it was.
:doh:

Back