• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Problems

XJ Stryker

WHO DAT!
Ok so i have been working the hell out of my vehicle

Put it all back together and go to start nothing

Vehicle came with a small crank battery. I knew i needed a new one so I replaced it

Started the engine up great

I am flushing enigne right now... from the cleaning the rockers thread.

Well i figured out what is draining the batteries

my guages are still on even after i turn the key all the way back. I pulled the guages fuse and they still did not turn off it was a 75 amp fuse. I want to fix this eventually but right now i have bigger problems and i want a quick fix besides unhooking that battery that i can use. A fuse or something that is easier to pull in and out. I will post up about my bigger problems once i do a lil of my own trouble shooting.

the only guages that seem active is the oil pressure. coolant temp and fuel guage.

Battery, RPM and i assume speed ( but i am at a stop when i shut it off so can not verify on that one.

Thanks

When the key goes off, the guages (except RPM and volts) will stay in the SAME place as before until the key is turned back on.

They aren't staying on, these gauges dont zero out when power is removed like newer cars do.

Also speedo is cable operated, no electrical issue would effect it.

hmmmm then wondering where the power draw comes from. Maybe i just never noticed the guages before. I went a looked at a buddy of mines 87 and his did do the same thing but my wifes 87 doesnt? interesting

Next is where is a thread for adjust the TPS for dummies. LOL i cant read what pins or what because it is so old and i am just a dummy lol

Search for Renix Files. LONG thread about it. It's pretty detailed, you can also find the Renix Fuel injection manual around somewhere. Pretty neat, it includes all the Testing procedures replacement etc.

Look at the TPS side of the sensor. It is marked A-B-C. You want to test V with the key on (engine off). Should be V of 4.5 at WOT between C and B and .8 at full closed between the same pins. Adjust it by lossening the two torx bit screws and twist or turn the TPS to get the proper readings. Oh and I hate to say I told you so on the gages but.................

:lecture:

mcnamaag said:
Look at the TPS side of the sensor. It is marked A-B-C. You want to test V with the key on (engine off). Should be V of 4.5 at WOT between C and B and .8 at full closed between the same pins. Adjust it by lossening the two torx bit screws and twist or turn the TPS to get the proper readings. Oh and I hate to say I told you so on the gages but.................

:lecture:

Thanks for the walk through on doing this TPS adjustment.

Pretty easy when someone is coaching you through it.

:woohoo:

No problem brother.

Back