• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SHIMMY ON HARD ACCELERATION FROM FONT OF VEHICLE

brand new! but they are after market mounts. I was going to buy oem mounts. I also have a vibration at about 900 rpm. Think these problems could be related? Has any one had problems with after market motor mounts?

How much lift?
Possible drive line angle or other steering component issues as the front end raises under accell?

Also check the tranny mount.

....dont accelerate hard...?

You get poly mounts? those will transmit more vibrations...

DaveW said:
How much lift? I bought the jeep with (2in lift) there is blocks above the front coils and add leafs on rear leafs. Would that much lift cause drive line angle problems? I had a shimmy on hard turns. I just replaced front u-joints and tie rod ends and the shimmy on turns is fixed! All steering components are tight, but I still have the shimmy on acc...
Possible drive line angle or other steering component issues as the front end raises under accell?

Also check the tranny mount.

I've had something similar for a while now, does yours "knock" when the axle drops suddenly? As in when you're off-roading and climbing a hill, the tires come over a rock and then drop down real quick and there's a thunk or knocking sound right when they drop?

BlackSport96 said:
I've had something similar for a while now, does yours "knock" when the axle drops suddenly? As in when you're off-roading and climbing a hill, the tires come over a rock and then drop down real quick and there's a thunk or knocking sound right when they drop?
I wish there were rocks or hills in florida!
moving back west soon!

Back