• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Code 1494, help please?!

1968 Charger B5

NAXJA Forum User
My 98 XJ has had the check engine light on for a few days now. Went to autozone had them read it. Shows Code 1494

Def of Code : EVAP leak detection pump pressure switch condition

Explanation : ECM detected the leak detection pump switch did not change after the solenoid was energized

Possible Causes : 1. Leak detection pump defective
2. Open or shortened circuit condition
3. Solenoid defective

My Question is what exactly is this telling me? Is stupid terms...? Please

Thank You,
Rick

You either have a bad Leak detection pump or a problem with the wiring for it. The pump is located under hood, passenger side, back by firewall. See Picture.
ldp.jpg

I have the same issue... So in order to test the electrical, do I just disconnect the LDP connector and see if it's gettingn 12 volts?

I have the same issue also. That solenoid as I recall, will pulse (tick,tick,tick) while at idle.Years ago, I had a tapping noise under the hood which turned out to be the solenoid touching the underside of the hood. It's mounted on a thin metal bracket which had bent upwards. Thanks for that schemadic. I had no idea what or where that thing was.

Back